Thursday, June 12, 2008

Home assignment

Well how does it feel to be "home"? I can honestly say I don't feel like I am home. I MISS MEXICO! Several of the changes I have seen while I have gone. Most of my good friends no longer live in Maryland. When I go to church especially Sunday school I don't know anyone. I feel like I am the new kid on the block. I guess I am. It has been good to meet some new people from my home church. It is also exciting to be home and see the changes. There have been many good changes. The church has voted to raise my support 300 dollars more . What a blessing that was. I only have to raise 400 dollars this year, so if you would are reading this and would like to support me let me know. :) Other changes are the gas prices are up to 4 dollars a gallon!!! That is hard on a missionaries salary. The other thing is the price of rent and groceries in this area are sky high.
Pray as I get adjusted to things at "home". When I first got home we had some family problems. Pray because my family needs to be saved.
well going to sign off for now.... just a quick note to let you all know I am alive and doing well.

2 comments:

Diana said...

You have been coming to mind lots lately so I have been praying everyday for you. I am sure that despite homesickness for "querido Mexico," God is giving you many blessings and the privilege to share your heart for Him and ministry in Mexico at every turn. He will use you to plant the seeds of a missionary calling if you are simply faithful to give testimony. I also am praying for each person in your family by name. May your testimony shine before them! Matthew 5:13-16
Hope you felt the hug I sent with this.

Bethany said...

I don't think I have to say how much we miss you! I'm praying for you everyday, every Sunday I am bombarded by those who want to know how you are doing. People still call me Darlene all the time instead of Bethany:) And the house is just not the same without you around! I am praying for this year to be fruitful in the churches as well as your family, and for you to be able, God willing, to be back to us soon!!!!

Love you mucho!