Thursday, August 30, 2007

DAY OFF

Usually it is nice to have a day off in the middle of the week. I enjoy my day off as Thursday. Today is a day when rest is needed. Yesterday started with a phone call from a friend who told me another friend of mine, her mother was in the hospital. At 9 A.M. I went to prayer meeting at our sponsoring church and right after at 12 we had a pastor leaders meeting which lasted until 3. I left and then went to ministry kid's club. While there my helper told me this might be her last week helping. Really she has only helped a week. Then it was off to visit my friends mother in the hospital. I went with Carlos our pastor. We arrived about 6:15P.M. What a cultural shock it is to go into a public hospital in Mexico. I felt like we were in a cattle call, people were standing everywhere. I also thought what a blessing it is to have good health care. This hospital was like nothing I had ever seen..... maybe like 50 years ago in the States. My friends mother was stabilized when we left. By the time I got home yesterday it was 11:00 P.M. ... but as many of you know you can't just fall asleep after a day like that.
Thanks for your prayers for this last Saturday... The jovenes really enjoyed the ministry day.

1 comment:

Shirlee McCoy said...

A busy day. If I had been there, Dar, I would not have pushed you. Since I NEVER have pushed you. Ever. EVER. :0)