Saturday, August 25, 2007

Their off

Several of us headed to the airport last night to wish Eleazar and Susi a final farewell. Okay it was not adios it was only a hasta luego. Adios in Spanish has the connotation that you will never see the person again. Hasta luego means until later... They will be in Germany for four months, finishing up what needs to be done with their mission board. Anytime I go to the airport it makes me homesick. I wanted to jump on a plane and head out too. I always find it is harder to be the one who stays then the one who leaves.
This past week was a bit crazy weather wise. Hurricane DEAN hit Mexico twice. We got some of the effects on Wednesday. It started to rain about 10:00 in the morning and didn't stop until sometime late at night.... Any time it rains and rains hard here in Mexico the roads become rivers. It made driving a mess on Wednesday!!! Next time I think I will buy one of those cars that turns into a boat too.
Today we have a special activity with the young people. Pray many new young people will come out.

2 comments:

Suellen Black said...

When is furlough for you? I am thinking about going to Spain over Christmas. I could use your Spanish, mine is very rusty.

darlene said...

my furlough is next march Spain over Christmas sounds like fun.... Although they say the spanish in Mexico is much different..
I am sure you will do fine.
feeling better?