Thursday, August 9, 2007

STRESS


Yesterday I went to get my car worked on. The check engine light has come on and I want to know if there is a major problem or not. I don't want to be driving around town and break down. It is stressful enough in the States, but much more stressful in Mexico. My roommate asked her Mexican father if he could help us out. We arrived at his house at 8:30 in the morning. We wanted to get an early start. When we got to the mechanic we waited for over an hour for him to arrive. During our wait we ate tamales... When the mechanic arrived he said he could not help us.... We then went home and ate breakfast again. About an hour later we went and had my tires and alignment done. The great thing about that was the price 180 pesos which is less than 20 dollars. Where is the states can you get your tires rotated, new shocks, and alignment for less then 20 dollars?
We then went to a mechanic for electrical service, he sent us to another mechanic... When we arrived the mechanic told us he could not do the work because he was so backlogged. Maybe another day. All in all we went to 8 different places for parts or service, and I still don't know why my check service engine light is on. We finished the day at 2:00 and then I headed off to work... without ever knowing why my check engine light is on.... It was a typical Mexican morning hurry up and wait... and wait... and wait....:)
When I arrived at work three of the faithful kids who come to kid's club told me this would be their last week. How sad. Next Monday they start school and they have their school session in the afternoon. I told them to come when they have vacation times.
Today I get to go get my passport, which came in a week. Last week I went to the American Embassy to get it renewed. The delivery service came yesterday and left me a note which said I have to come and get my passport. It sound easy, but... we will see. I guess it is much faster to get your passport in a different country. In one week I have my new passport. WOW that was fast.

No comments: