Thursday, January 24, 2008

The Joys of City Life



Ah.... Sometimes I don't feel like a real missionary because I live in a large city. I read my friend Suellen's blog, missionary in the Gambia, and think of the drastic difference it is to minister in the city.


I am going to focus on one of the pleasures it is to work and live in the city. Last night after work I with three other girls went to the center of the city to see the Lion King. The good thing it was in English, so it was a nice treat just to sit and veg and enjoy the costumes and scenery. At first I thought we would have some trouble because a major storm blew in last night. Tree limbs were flying everywhere. Luckily none hit our car. When we were near the theater (in the very very rich side of town) we saw one tree had blown over and had landed on two parked cars. We made it to the theater with no problems. It was a nice treat to go to a Broadway play for less than 12 dollars.


Even though sometimes living in the biggest city in the world can be stressful, it does have its advantages!

2 comments:

Suellen Black said...

Hey there! That works both ways you know. Sometimes I don't feel like one either. I get a bit envious about all the things you are doing with the church, women and the kids. : ) God is good! I am thankful that He called each of us to serve Him with the skills he gave us. (all though sometimes I feel stretched WAY beyond my skill level.) I love ya and Pray for you. Thanks for sharing the good things about living in a big city. The good things about living in the bush..... you can't top the stars! God's handiwork is AMAZING.

Rose of the Hill said...

Oh man! The wonderful joys I get to look forward to.... I'm excited!

Your going to have to take me sometime... if that is ok...

:-)