Sunday, February 10, 2008

Missionary or Firefighter?????

Wow what a night... This I think can only happen in Mexico. Tonight Bethany and I were having dinner with Zina and her boys and we smelled something that was burning. Zina informed us sometimes people burn the fields next to our house. Sure enough when we went outside the field next to Bethany's and my house was on fire. Drew and I watched my neighbor pour buckets of water on the field. I didn't think it was that bad; however after a few minutes I realized we needed to help him with the buckets of water. So Zina, Drew, Bethany, and I came with our buckets. Our neighbor wanted to throw water on a huge tree in the field, because he was afraid it would catch fire. However when we went to put water on the tree we couldn't get near the tree because the flames and smoke were too bad. We were afraid because if the flames or sparks got too near the homes they could catch the gas tanks on fire. Big problems because all the houses in Mexico have their gas tanks on top of their houses. One of the neighbor ladies called the fire department two times but they never sent anyone to help. So now the fire is out and all is save and sound. Zina then told us to keep our doors closed because now the RATS will be looking for a new home and they ususally seek the houses near by. I will send pictures when the blog is not acting up.

No comments: