Monday, October 8, 2007

Conference In Cancun





First picutre: Bruce Mcdonald. Second: Mexico City team. Third: Cancun sunrise. Forth: Hotel from the beach side. Fith: Me on a swing.
It has been a week since the conference in Cancun... I think I could minister in Cancun!!!

Our Mexico ABWE missionaries left Saturday September 22 to arrive in a cool rainy Cancun. I was a bit disappointed because our first day there was to be a free day. A day I thought we could go swimming or just relax on the beach. But God had other plans, we arrived and then three of us single ladies went downtown to finish some last minute "things" that needed to be done before the conference. The Conference started on Sunday morning. I was feeling a bit under the weather... We had some dynamic speakers and God used them to challenge us in different ways. The first picture is of Bruce Mcdonald an ABWE missionary who used to work with profesional athletes, but now has a misnistry encouranging leaders missionaries and pastors. We were also introduced to new methods of discipleship and evangelism. The main speaker was presenting on how to witness to Roman Catholics. The conference ended on Thursday afternoon. It was a bit disappointing for it to end, but when it ended the weather was perfect. Thursday some ladies who live on the Caribbean islands and us went to the mall to do some shopping. We had Friday and all day Saturday free to do what we wanted. Friday Bethany and I went snorkeling, and Saturday to the market and just hung out at the pool. Late Saturday night we left to come back to Mexico.... We arrived home around 12:30 at night... Back to reality.......

2 comments:

Suellen Black said...

Hey girlfriend. I just caught up on reading your blog. I have been with out a phone for over a month now. I am using one of the empty house phones tonight. It sounds like things are hopping in Mexico. PTL. Glad Cancun was fun, wish I could have come. Praying for you.

Diana said...

oh next time invite me to do the parachute thing too! Sounds like you did all the "fun stuff" on the last day!
I learned so much too, from the speakers!